So, this weekend I was standing next to my size 4 sister (who was at the time bedecked in a gorgeous Vera Wang wedding dress that looked like it was made especially for her) wearing a lavender poof that they couldn’t even zip closed when I realized:
- time to take my doctor’s advice (..“you know, if you were in better shape, it might help stabilize the meds…”) and start working out
- time to switch from beer to wine, and maybe (the horror!) cut back on it all
- this process is really designed to make brides feel great and bridesmaids feel shitty— why else would they even make lavender dresses?
- I must really love my sister to be putting up with feeling like this about myself, and to be actually considering cutting back on the cocktails for god’s sake; and
- I have been officially brainwashed by mass-media